Friday, September 05, 2008

A New Day Dawns In California...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 (1:55am)

A New Day Dawns In California...

Today, California's new hands free cell law goes into effect. For those of you who aren't from around these parts, it is now illegal to drive with your cell phone plastered to your ear. If the cops see you they can pull you over and give you a relatively hefty ticket. I do find it slightly ironic that you can still hold the phone in your hand or TEXT while driving, which seems like one of the most stupid things anyone could possibly do. I've noticed already since people have been getting ready there is less of the weaving around while talking thing going on. But I've read about several studies that have shown that driving while talking, even hands free drops your functional I.Q. to that of a slug. I wish people would quit using the phone as a hobby while driving and just drive their stinkin' cars.

One of the side effects here is that everyone now has blue tooth and they are wandering around everywhere while they are not driving talking on the phone. And, as I've said before they look at me like a crazy woman when I answer them when they would appear to be asking me, a complete stranger, a question when there is no one else around... and when I do answer them they jab their finger at their ear and point like they have some kind of worm boring into their brain at that particular moment. It's a weird world we live in.

So it will be interesting if it helps much with people driving so distracted... of course with gas at 4.69 or more a gallon around here perhaps just less traffic will help things a little bit. In the mean time I'll have to ignore the crazies wandering around talking to themselves like a bad scene out of a zombie movie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy from Louisville said...

Hey! I saw your pic on my blog and stopped by yours to say hi! Thanks for checking things out at my site. I love how you describe yourself below the title of your blog. Well stated my friend. So which instruments do you play? Thrash on I say!

If you like controversy you might want to check out the post I threw out today. Again, I wanted to say hi!!

Stacy from Louisville

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

So its not just me who thinks people that are talking into their bluetooth are talking to me! I tend to do it a lot!

Sunday, September 14, 2008 4:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home