Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome to My World...

I am a fortunate woman. I get to do something I love for a living. More than that, I get to do it as a vocation. Every week I see an amazingly diverse group of people who show up at my door ready to learn how to play different instruments, or how to write songs, or lead worship, or a variety of other music related things. Each one of them is unique. Each one of them brings something different into my world... that's for sure. It can be a noisey, messy, crazy time. It can also be aggravating at times challenging. But I still love it. I love watching kids eyes... their whole faces light up when they get something the first time. Anyway, enough yammering. In December, a bunch of my students... aged 6 - 60 played Smoke on the Water while I videotaped them. We edited all those together so everyone could get their 5 seconds of fame. I think you'll enjoy it. Proving once again that music is a lot about just having a good time.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony C said...

That was great! Some of them aren't as big as the guitars they're playing!

You are obviously a good teacher.

God bless and keeping blogging.

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Prodigal Jon said...

Thanks for commenting on SCL today. (This is Jon Acuff, I write the site) I saw that you mentioned some leadership magazine quote from Stuff Christians Like. I didn't know about that. Can you please tell me what magazine you were talking about? That's funny.
Jon

Monday, February 02, 2009 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Raw Faith Real World said...

Hi Jon... Yep I thought it was great... I'll get the info and send it to you... either on your blog or on facebook. It was in this copy of Leadership Magazine which is the main magazine for pastors and church leaders published by the same people who do christianty today.

Monday, February 02, 2009 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home